Acceptance of rules for Aviva Community Site Webinar and Discussion forums
You must be over 16 years of age to use the Services.
If a Forum is moderated, any comments submitted to the Forum (Comments) may be checked by Aviva for compliance with the content standards below (Content Standards) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. Aviva will try to publish as many Comments as possible but cannot guarantee that all Comments will be published. Aviva also cannot guarantee how quickly Comments will be posted on the Forum as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Aviva is under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Forum or any other service it provides on its site and may stop moderating the Forum at any time. Aviva reserves the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Comment which it deems to be potentially defamatory of any person or which it deems unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. Aviva expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules.
Submission of Comments
Follow the instructions pertaining to the relevant Forum to add a Comment, including:
- Asking a question in a discussion forum
- Commenting on a posting
- Replying to a question or comment
Your name will appear as part of your Comment when published, unless you specify that your Comment is anonymous. If you wish your Comment to be anonymous, please update your profile to reflect this.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Comment as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with. Aviva will determine, in its discretion, whether a Comment breaches the Content Standards.
A Comment must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is
- Be relevant.
A Comment must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful, malicious or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other
personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Contain any advertising or promote any goods, services or web links to other sites. This rule includes the promotion of personal causes or campaigns.
- Be posted in numerous forums.
- Be deemed as spam.
Your registered screen name and avatars must not contain website or email address details, the name or identifiable abbreviation of an organisation or company, contact or location information, expletives, obscenities, religious statements or other potentially contentious terminology.
Before you upload an image to use as your avatar, you will need to check that the image does not breach copyright laws. You remain solely liable for any material, including avatars that you publish, display or transmit on the Aviva website.
By submitting a Comment to the Forum, you agree to grant Aviva a non-exclusive licence to use that Comment. Although you will still own the copyright in your Comment, Aviva will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Comment. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards above, you must ensure that your Comment does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Comment to the Forum, you are warranting that you have the right to grant Aviva the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
Breach of the Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Comment already posted on the
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Aviva may take any other action it reasonably deems appropriate.
Nothing in this agreement shall exclude or limit Aviva or your liability for death or personal injury, resulting from any act, omission or negligence of that party or its officers, agents, employees or sub contractors, or any other liability the exclusion of which is expressly prohibited by statute.
This clause sets out Aviva’s entire financial liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents, contributors, consultants and sub-contractors) to you in respect of:
- any use made by you of the Services; and
- any representation, statement or tortious act or omission (whether negligent or otherwise) arising under or in connection with the use of the Services.
(a) Aviva shall have no liability for any damage caused by errors or omissions in any information or Comment provided by you in connection with the Services, or any actions taken by us at your direction; and
(b) All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this agreement.
(c) Aviva shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or similar losses or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising.
You acknowledge that this limitation is reasonable.
You remain solely liable for any material you publish, display or transmit on the website. You agree to indemnify Aviva and its Officers and employees against any claim, liability, cost, damage, other expenses or loss we may incur (including without limitation legal fees) as a result of any material you publish, display or transmit on website or any violation by you of your obligations under these rules.
- Aviva can terminate this Agreement for convenience at any time on 10 days notice.
- This agreement will terminate if you are in material breach of any of its terms.
Concerns about comments
If you have any concerns about any Comment posted to the Forum, Please contact us on;
e-mail - email@example.com - email is not a secure form of communication and you should not email us with any personal information about you or personal details about your pension with us. For similar reasons, we will not reply by email if to do so would compromise your security.
Post - Aviva,
PO Box 1810,
Phone - 0845 602 9199
Open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 6pm
Aviva will then review the Comment and decide whether it complies with the Content Standards above. Aviva will deal with any Comment which, in its opinion, violates the Content Standards as described above.
- Aviva may revise these Rules at any time.
- This agreement is not intended to benefit anyone other than the parties to it and, in particular, no term of this agreement shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a third party.
- If any provision (or part of a provision) of this agreement is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
English law governs this agreement and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.